1. The Lord is my Master; I shall be prepared.
2. He teaches me His ways, leads me in peace, and trains me so that I may be prepared for what lies ahead.
3. He spends time with me, in no rush, teaching me life lessons about wisdom and strength.
4. Though I face terrifying things, such as uncertainty, confusion, and maybe even death—I am without fear because He has prepared me for this day. I have confidence that I am ready by His teachings, because He is who He says He is.
5. He has given me His blessing, and passed down everything piece of wisdom that I will need for the coming days.
6. He has loved me tenderly, never raising His voice, and never expressing disappointment in me. Lavishing me with pride as a father does a beloved son, I will walk my commanded path with honor because of who my Master is.